地理空间技术 (销售税) (also known as Geographic Information Science and 技术) integrates innovative tools and techniques to enable users to visualize, analyze, query, and predict temporal, spatial and critical relationships. 消费税有助于解决这个问题 problems by looking at data in a way that is readily displayed, can be spatially analyzed 很容易分享.
GST includes software tools and data collection tools. Software tools include geographic information systems (GIS), cartography, remote sensing and image analysis. 数据收集 tools include global navigation satellite systems (GNSS), remote sensing satellite systems, manned aircraft and drones (unmanned aircraft systems).
Wherever there is need for spatial analysis, GST can help. GST的分享能力 geographic information – visually and dynamically – makes GST essential for any spatial 纪律. Whether it’s the map on a smart phone or the navigation system in a car, the basemap in a video game, or the maps that one sees on TV, “geospatial” is all 在我们周围. GST is being used for resource management, environmental studies, urban planning, criminology, homeland security, military analysis, archaeology, precision agriculture, health sciences, political science, emergency assessment and first responders, physical sciences, earth sciences, marketing, logistics, economics, business, and virtually any other 纪律 that has a spatial and/or temporal component.
Students completing the 全球十大赌钱排行app (SWC) program in GST, will be able to:
- Describe the fundamental components and applications of geospatial technologies.
- Demonstrate the fundamental principles of mapping and spatial data modeling.
- Identify different sources of spatial data and demonstrate how to acquire spatial data.
- Describe how Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) work and discuss why they 非常重要.
- 应用 fundamental principles of remote sensing and image analysis for mapping and 空间分析应用.
- Identify remote sensing platforms and their respective functions (including satellites, manned aircraft and unmanned aircraft systems).
- Discuss and debate the future of geospatial technologies, ethical questions related to the field, and societal implications.
- Identify fields (and applications) that use GST, and prepare to enter into the GST workforce in a chosen field of study.
The SWC GST program introduces students to geospatial technology concepts and applications 适用于各种领域. Special emphasis is on hands-on experience with the hardware, software, and techniques employed in science, industry, and academia. 所有核心GST courses are online and fast track (8-week courses). Course curriculum is based upon the Department of Labor (DoL) 地理空间技术 Competency Model (GTCM).
- Certificate of Achievement, 地理空间技术 Technician
This certificate track is designed for students seeking an entry-level position as a 地理空间技术 Technician. The internship course (GEOG 153) may take place on campus or at a private or public entity. Students will take all of the core geospatial courses, including GIS (introduction and advanced), introduction to GST, remote sensing, image analysis, and the internship or capstone course. 轨道1可以在 一学年.
- Certificate of Proficiency in Geographic Information Science
This certificate track is considered a “stackable” certificate and is designed for continuing students and/or working professionals who would like to add GST to their academic toolset (especially, if their 纪律 uses the tools and techniques of 销售税). The focus of this certificate is GIS. Students will take the introduction to GST course as well as the introductory and advanced GIS courses. 轨道2可以完成 在一个学期内.
- Gainful 就业: 地理空间技术 Technician - CT
Career Center 咨询 Appointment
Get help choosing your classes, developing your Student 教育 Plan (SEP), or polishing 你的简历